Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Welcome ICLWers!

Hello all, and welcome to my blog.  I am a 30 year old with PCOS.  My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years, and together for 6.  We are trying to start the family we've always wanted, but finding it to be much harder than we ever thought.  In the last year I have been pregnant three times, and lost all three.  Not many people can say they have been pregnant three times in one year, and it almost makes me sick to my stomach that I can say that.

I started this blog in March of last year, shortly after my first miscarriage.  When I started it, I expected to blog about my journey through infertility for a few months, and then have it quickly turn into a pregnancy blog, and then write about raising our first child and our life in general.  I never in a million years dreamed I would be sitting here a year later, still writing about our struggle, with two more losses under our belt. 

My husband and I are at a bit of a stalling point now in our TTC journey.  My ob/gyn has basically chalked all three losses up to "bad luck" and wants us to just keep trying and doing what we've been doing (Clomid).  Neither one of us can accept that and feel like we need to have more testing done before moving forward.  I plan on making an appointment with a RE in the very near future to explore our options.

I look forward to meeting some new faces and getting to know you!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that u have been thru so much!!! I really hope that ur appointment w/ the RE sheds some light on ur TTC situation. I 2 have PCOS and I've had 4 failed rounds of clomid one was a chemical pregnancy but I really feel for us PCOS girls that Clomid isnt the answer 2 everything... Again I'm so sorry for ur losses and I hope u find some peace in making ur appointment w/ an RE.... GL & KMFX for u & ur DH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for all your losses! My first was also chalked up to bad luck...but "bad luck" honestly doesn't even begin to describe the pain. My second loss was because my uterus wasn't healed enough from the D&C. My husband and I are still actively TTC...and I know what a struggle it is. I have no yet been diagnosed with PCOS...but I do sometimes wonder why my ovulation is absent or late. I recently started taking Vitex and it seems to have evened out my cycle and brought my O ahead to CD16. Anyway, I'm babbling...I'll continue to follow your blog and pray 2012 brings you a beautiful rainbow baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, I know how awful a loss is and when doctors say oh well, that is just bad luck, why don't you just try again without changing anything, I literally want to strangle them.

    Have you had any of your losses karyotyped? With 3 losses, by most REs estimations, you now 'qualify' for the full RPL panel though the answer may be staring you in the face, its probably just PCOS.

    Some things that can improve your chances if you have PCOS or just general infertility
    -Vitamin D and metformin
    -Coenzyme Q10
    -getting checked for anti-thyroid antibodies and TSH levels (if you have PCOS its also more likely that you have issues in this department)

    Clomid, IMO, is the lazy REs drug of choice. Have him atleast switch you to Femara, multiple cycles with clomid are not supposed to be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing three pregnancies in a year is rough, I know first hand what its like. Hopefully you'll soon be pregnant again and that this one sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are going through this. My journey is very similiar to yours. I also spent the majaority of last year pregnant (with three pregnancies) and have only a headstone to show for it.

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny I'm so sorry to hear about the very difficult year that you and your husband have been experiencing. So tough trying to move forward without any answers. I sincerely hope that you are able to get some answers and go on to have a successful pregnancy in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your losses... my heart breaks for you. Good luck with your future RE appointment!! I would definitely take that next step as they can run all kinds of tests that your OBGYN may not feel like running. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi jenny!
    Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog!
    I just read through your journey and am feeling for you so much. I'm so very sorry for the losses you have been through. I know the pain and the ?ing is all so much to endure. And it sure makes this journey unpredictable. I think it's smart for you to trust your instincts and follow your heart. I will be praying for you and your husband as you go through this all.
    Happy to be following your journey!
    Again, thank you for the support!
    Xoxoxo
    Have a wonderful Thursday :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I'm finding you for the first time through ICLW. I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced. I love your idea of creating a 2012 bucket list rather than doing New Year's resolutions. Might have to borrow it myself.

    Best wishes,

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also would not want to just keep trying without searching for some answers. Miscarriages are not something one should have to keep enduring when there are things to be tested for. In the end, they could possibly send you to IVF with PGD for diagnositc reasons. That way they can look at each embryo and see if there is something there.

    I wish you so much luck in your quest and wish that it didn't take so much loss to get you to the end.

    ReplyDelete