Friday, June 8, 2012

Ready, Aim, Trigger

When I went in Tuesday (CD10) this week, I didn't have any follicles over 10mm, and was already getting discouraged thinking this cycle might end up being a bust.  They incresed my dosage of Follistim and had me come back today for another ultrasound.  It looks like my ovaries decided to kick it into gear and start making some things happen.

My follicle sizes today were: 1@18mm, 1@15mm, 3@14mm, and 1@12mm

The RE I met with said she was a little nervous about letting me trigger, but thinks it will be okay and gave me the go ahead (as long as I wanted to) to trigger tonight.  She said the smaller ones could catch up and end up containing a mature egg, but she doesn't think they will....though she said she has seen crazier things happen (followed by some stories of patients she's worked with, which freaked me out a little). 

I was a little surprised to hear we were at the point of triggering already today, only because I've seen most people say follicles need to be between 18-20mm to trigger.  I guess the fact that I have one at 18mm is how they decide it's time?

I'm not going to lie.  I'm nervous.  I'm nervous about being pregnant again and all the emotions that come with it.  Part of me wants to put a halt to all of this right now in order to avoid those impending fears.  But at the same time, I know I'll never fully be ready.  Whether it's 3 months from now or a year from now, I'll always be scared of the what if's.  So I figure now is as good of a time as any.  I've already gone through doing the injections, so I might as well see this cycle through and see what happens and hope for the best. 

And honestly, if it doesn't work out this cycle, I'm 100% okay with that too.

   
 

8 comments:

  1. I'm really hoping that you get at least one good quality egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The what if's can overwhelm me too..."happy trigger-ing"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh good luck! When I was doing IUIs, we always triggered when one follie hit 18. (18mm the first time, 18.5mm the second). We always had lagging ones around 15mm, but there's only a small chance those would mature in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they do trigger based on the leaad follie, so you are probably okay! I felt the same way during my FET cycle after our loss. I was hoping for a pregnancy, but knew if it didn't happen I would be okay because I was just so scared of being pregnant again. I think it's really normal to feel pulled in both directions.
    Hang in there and we will be excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots and lots of luck, Jenny! I agree that they base it on the biggest follicle and
    I completely can relate to your feelings about being pregnant again.
    Lots of love and prayers!
    Very excited for you!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog.,,good luk with your trigger. I also triggered on cd 10 for my IUI I think it varies depending on how your body responds to he drugs. Seems like thy look at your follicles and estrogen levels to determine when to trigger. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAAAY! Best of luck!!! Sending good vibes your way lady!!! You deserve this! :)

    ReplyDelete