I promise to have a 16 week bumpdate posted soon. I have the bump photos taken, I just haven't had time to get them uploaded to the computer. For right now though, I have a lot of random thoughts swirling around in my mind. So, for today you get bullets.
- I feel like we should start planning/making preparations for the babies, but at the same time it feels so early yet. I can't believe I'm almost 17 weeks - where has the time gone? We're going to Jeff's sister's this weekend and they have been saving their baby furniture for us. So we may be bringing home a crib this weekend - which scares the living daylights out of me.
- Daycare. I'm not sure if in-home or a center is better. (Warning: I know absolutely nothing about either. All of my thoughts are based off of stereotypes I've created in my head.) I like with in-home you might get a little more personalized care, and it just seems.....cozier. What bothers me about in-home is providers can take off 2 weeks during the year, and you still have to pay them - and find alternative care for that time. This isn't a huge deal for us because I get 5 weeks vacation a year, but the principal behind it bothers me for some reason. At least with a center if an aid takes vacation, there are others there for backup and they would likely never be closed (except maybe some extra time over the holidays). I'm also not sure if we are going to be able to find an in-home provider that will even be able to take 2 babies at once, I guess it all depends on how many slots they would happen to have open. In-home is going to be cheaper than a center, but in some ways I think it would be worth it because it just seems more dependable. A new center close to our house is having an open house next week and we are planning on going. I think I'll feel better about all this once I start gathering information.
- Maternity clothes shopping. Over-freaking-welming.
- I always envisioned that I would be a super active, healthy, and fit pregnant person who would walk 3-4 miles a day without fail. Yeah, that's not happening. In the beginning I was too worried about miscarriage/tired/concerned about aggravating the SCH that I didn't exercise. Oh, and the fact that it was almost 100 degrees here for most of my first trimester. I've already gained close to 10 pounds, which feels like it's too much. I asked my OB how much total weight I should aim to gain and he said 35. Eeek! I'm almost 1/3 of the way to that and still have a long ways to go. Now that the weather is nice and cooler, and I'm more relaxed and comfortable with this pregnancy, I'm going to start trying to exercise every day - even if it's only a 30 minute walk around our neighborhood. I don't feel like my diet is horrible, but I could definitely make improvements. I've been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, but it's hard to fit it all in.
- I have a new possible job opportunity on the horizon. It's a different position within my same department. It would mean more money, but also more responsiblity. I'm not sure if taking on a new position right now is the best idea, but we could definitely use more cash once these babies get here. I figure I'll apply for it and whatever is meant to be will be.
I hope you are all having a great fall so far! It's finally down into the 60s/low 70s here and I'm loving it. This weekend it might even be cool enough to break out a hooded sweatshirt for the first time, and I can't wait :)