Friday, September 21, 2012

16 Weeks

As promised, my 16 week bump photo:




Ugh, I look pretty bad, but that was seriously about as good as it was going to get this week.  I'm blaming this all on Jeff's lack of photography skills. 

I had another appointment with my OB last week.  I had an ultrasound to check my cervix.  It measured 3.9 cm and was nice and closed.  Apparently they start to worry when it gets below 2cm, so this was great news.  I'll have it checked again at my 20 week u/s (which is also our anatomy scan - holy crap!).  They also did a quick check on the babies, and both hearts were still beating away. 

Other than that my appointment was pretty uneventful.  No bloodwork, no peeing in a cup, nothing. 

I've started to gain some energy back.  Like I mentioned in my previous post, I've been getting out and walking again, which has felt great.  And, I don't get completely out of breath like I did during 1st trimester.  My only issue now is trying to walk for more than 30 minutes without having to pee! 

I was getting some pretty bad headaches (some even turned into migraines) for the last few weeks.  I'm prone to migraines anyway, though not this frequently.  My OB said pregnancy can either make headaches/migraines worse or better, and apparently I'm one of the unlucky ones who gets them worse now.  Under the advice of some women I've talked to, I've started drinking caffeine again this week.  I start my day off with ~8 oz of Diet Coke and that has seemed to help.  Maybe the majority of the headaches were from caffeine withdrawal and I just never noticed it in the first trimester because I felt crappy anyway?  My OB also said I can take up to 1000mg (2 extra strength) of Tylenol - when the handout I received at my first appointment said I could only take 650mg.  So that seems to help knock them out when I feel one coming on as well. 

Other than that I've been doing pretty well.  I wake up every day so thankful that I've made it this far. 

4 comments:

  1. I think that is an AWESOME picture...hope you can get better control over your headaches and glad you aer doing do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraines are horrible. Glad that they allowed you some caffeine to help with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I's so happy to hear you are doing well. I used to get migraines so I know how debilitating it can be. I hope the caffeine helps.

    Can't wait to hear about your next scan!
    MissC

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great, jenny!! love the bump!
    i've been getting headaches more frequently in the second trimester than i did in the first. ahhh, diet coke...i miss it and think about take a few swigs too.
    glad to hear your appt. was wonderfully uneventful. sending love <3
    maria

    ReplyDelete