Thursday, August 1, 2013

4-6 Months

Wow!  I know I've been busy and have had zero time to blog (excuses, excuses, I know) but I had no idea it's been this long!  Where has the time gone?!  Life has been busy, not only with the twins but with work.  A couple weeks before they were born I got a promotion at work to a supervisor position.  So I didn't have much time to get settled with that before I had to be off for three months.  So not only was I busy with learning that new job once I came back to work, but to add to it another supervisor quit a few weeks ago and I absorbed her duties and staff.  So yeah, I have zero free time now.  

But, I feel like I at least owe you all a few moments for a photo dump:


(love this one, they look like Besties!)




(picking on her brother, as usual)




So what are the twins up to?  Alexis is rolling around like crazy.  It amazes me how she starts off in one spot on the floor and end up halfway across the room, just from rolling around.  She also does the same in her crib, which I think is the cutest thing ever.  Chase still doesn't have much interest in working too hard (typical man ;)).  He can sit up pretty well, but doesn't seem close to rolling yet. 

Alexis has started sleeping through the night for the most part.  There are nights here and there where she will wake up to eat, but not often.  Chase still needs his middle of the night feeding.  That boy needs to start taking some lessons from his sister because mommy is tired!

We've started them on solids a little bit, but haven't been very consistent with it.  Mostly because (TMI alert) they end up getting constipated after a few days so then we stop to give their body a chance to clear out.  They have their 6 month check up next week so I plan on getting some more guidance from their pediatrician on what we should be doing with solids. 

Other than that not much is new in our world.  I love watching them grow and start to be more interactive, both with us and with each other.  I still can't wait for the day when they can crawl around on the floor together and play. 

I hope you are all doing well!  Not only have I been bad at keeping my own blog up to date, I haven't even had time to read any of yours.  Adding that to my to-do list this week! 

2 comments:

  1. They are simply adorable! I'm so glad you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! I'm Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great :-)

    ReplyDelete